Canapés with garlic scape whipped cream and shrimp
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Makes approximately 24 canapés
- 1 tsp Le Petit Mas fermented garlic flowers (adjust to taste)
- ½ cup cooked northern shrimp + 24 shrimp for garnish
- ½ cup plain whipped cream (sugar-free)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 24 small slices pickled ginger (for sushi)
24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush one side of wonton wrappers with oil.
- Place wonton wrappers in the cups of a mini-muffin pan, oil side down. Fold wrappers over the rim of the cups so that you can add filling later.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine fermented garlic flowers, northern shrimp, whipped cream, and lemon juice.
- When ready to serve or 1 to 2 hours prior (but not more as the wontons will soften), fill the wonton shells with the whipped cream mixture. Garnish each canapé with a shrimp, a slice of pickled ginger and some garlic flowers.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
These canapés with garlic scape whipped cream and shrimp are refreshing and original. Your guests will love their surprising mix of flavours.
Brush the rest of the wonton wrappers with oil, bake flat on a baking sheet for 12 minutes and serve as chips with shrimp, garlic flowers and avocado.