Garlic scape soup
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Serves : 4
- 800 g fresh or frozen garlic scapes cut into pieces
- 2 large chopped onions
- 4 diced potatoes
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. herbes salées du Bas-du-Fleuve
- 1 cup of cream
- oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions in oil until they are translucent
- Add the chicken (or vegetable) stock and the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes (until they are cooked through).
- Add the garlic scapes and cook them for about 2 minutes (until they are tender and have a sweet taste).
- Purée everything in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Return to the stove, adjust the seasoning, and add the cream.
Tips and ideas for side dishes
Surprizing and delicious, this garlic scape soup is ideal for using your extra stock of scapes!
You have too many garlic scapes? Freeze them!
You don’t have any fresh garlic scapes on hand? Try our fermented garlic scapes, available year-round throughout Quebec.