quebec garlic scapes on the bbq
- Preparation time : 5 minutes
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Serves : 4
- Fresh garlic scapes
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the garlic scapes by cutting off the bottom end of the stem (see photo).
- Place the scapes in aluminum foil.
- Brush the scapes with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the aluminum foil to make a wrap.
- Grill on the BBQ for about 10 minutes until the garlic scapes are tender and have a sweet taste.
Tips and ideas for side dishes
Quebec garlic scapes on the BBQ are an ideal side dish for any barbecued meal!
You have too many garlic scapes? Freeze them!
You don’t have any fresh garlic scapes on hand? Try our fermented garlic scapes, available year-round throughout Quebec.