SPAGHETTI with garlic flower oil, lemon and parmesan
Recipe and picture credits: Les Aromates
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves : 4
Serves : 4
- 400 g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
- ⅓ cup pasta cooking water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup garlic flower oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs to taste, such as basil, oregano, chives, parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk the cornstarch with the chicken broth. Add the garlic flower oil, lemon zest (saving some for serving) and juice, pasta cooking water and grated Parmesan cheese. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, pour in the sauce and gently stir until it thickens.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat well with the sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning. Divide into four bowls and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Add Parmesan and lemon zest for serving, if desired.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
Do you also have a pasta day during the week? This recipe is perfect for your weekly pasta dish! Quick, simple, and easily customizable to taste! Add pine nuts or other nuts, pesto, etc... It can also serve as a side dish!