- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: -
- Serves: -
- 1 to 2 cloves of Quebec-grown garlic, minced or crushed
- ½ cup softened butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped) or dried parsley (optional)
- 3 tbsp chives or finely chopped green onions (optional)
- Mash butter or margarine with a fork. Add Quebec garlic, parsley and chives. You can also simply mix all ingredients in a food processor.
- Enjoy immediately on bread, pasta, seafood, etc.
- Option 1: Transfer garlic butter to a ramekin.
- Option 2: Roll garlic butter into a sausage in plastic wrap and store in the fridge or freezer. Slice into rings when ready to serve.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
Garlic butter is a classic recipe. Use it to liven up bread, potatoes, pasta or seafood.
Once you have finessed your technique for making garlic butter, have fun coming up with your own versions! Lemon juice, sea salt, mustard, thyme, maple flakes are just some of the ingredients that go well with garlic butter!