Garlic scape PESTO
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: -
- Serves: -
Add fresh garlic scapes to your favourite pesto recipe as a substitute for garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh garlic scapes finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 2 cups fresh basil, coarsely chopped and packed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
- In a food processor, chop garlic scapes. Add hemp, basil, Parmesan, oil and salt
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
Use this garlic scape pesto on pasta, pizza or croutons.
Freeze garlic scape pesto in an ice cube tray. The following day, put the pesto cubes in a freezer bag and use the pesto year-round!
You don’t have any fresh garlic scapes on hand? Buy Le Petit Mas fermented garlic flowers.