QUICHE with fresh garlic scapes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup fresh garlic scapes cut into pieces (or frozen garlic scapes)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, cut into small cubes (the remains of ham on the bone). Optional for a vegetarian option, or replace by another seasoned vegetal protein)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few chopped leaves of fresh basil
1 9-inch pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place piecrust in an oven-safe dish.
- In a bowl, combine fresh (or frozen) garlic scapes, eggs, milk, ham, cheese, salt, pepper and basil . Bake on the lower grill of the oven for about 30-40 minutes until the middle is cooked through and the top is golden.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
This quiche with fresh garlic scapes is a nice way to cook all the extra garlic scapes you got in spring. The mix of flavours is superb.
You have too many garlic scapes? Freeze them!