Tapendade with garlic scapes
- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: -
- Serves: -
- 1 to 2 tbsp Le Petit Mas fermented garlic flowers or 1 clove of Quebec-grown garlic
- ¾ cup pitted black olives
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 package of anchovies (48 g) (rinsed for a less salty version)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place garlic scapes, olives, capers, anchovies, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor and blend to the desired consistency.
- Serve with mini pitas, crackers, on toast, in sandwiches, etc.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
We served this tapenade with garlic scapes at supper during the Christmas holidays. All our guests loved it.
As tapenade is eaten raw, this garlic scape version is not as spicy as the classic one with garlic. Some people even find it easier to digest. And as an added bonus, it won’t give you garlic breath!