Fresh garlic scapes
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 8 to 10 fresh garlic scapes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut fresh garlic scapes into about 1-inch pieces.
- Steam for about 10 minutes. Check if done with a knife or by tasting.
- When not cooked enough, garlic flowers are spicy, and when overcooked, they get mushy.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and cooked garlic flowers.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR SIDE DISHES
Fresh garlic scapes are a delicious addition to any grilled dishes.
Too many garlic scapes? Freeze them!
You don’t have any fresh garlic scapes on hand? Try our fermented garlic flowers, available year-round in stores.